- Curbside Pickup (yard trimmings & household items)
- Right of Way Mowing & Trimming
- Right of Way Litter Pickup
- Roadway Maintenance & Construction
- Street Paving
- Storm Water Drainage Maintenance & Improvements
- Winter Weather Roadway Safety Operations
- Engineering Planning & Inspection
- Infrastructure Planning & Improvements
- Project Design, Management & Inspection
- Building Permits
- Construction Inspection
- Code Enforcement
- Property Abatements
Department of Public Works maintains city streets, storm drains and bridges. We also provide residential curbside pickup of household and yard items.
The Street Department’s primary objectives are to keep the city looking its best at all times and to maintain safe city streets for all to travel. Duties include repairing and maintaining city streets, installing street signs, mowing grass along city rights-of-way, displaying flags on holidays, decorating for the Christmas season and picking up limbs, leaves or grass clippings.
Grass clippings must be bagged year round.
All leaves must be bagged from March to November.
Limbs must be cut to 6 feet or shorter.
Limbs/Leaves/& Rubbish must be in separate piles for pickup.
New Construction/Remodel debris
Car Batteries/Car parts
Household garbage, food, etc.
Chemicals or Containers
Trees cut by Tree Service
Note: All above is to comply with ADEM's permit issued to the City of Oxford. If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 256-835-6124.
Please make arrangements to dispose of any of the above items to another location.