Parks and Recreation Announcement
January 4, 2021
The City of Oxford values the well-being of our visitors, staff, and community. We continually assess current conditions regarding the spread of COVID-19 and engage with federal, state, and local public health officials when deciding whether to postpone, cancel, or reduce the number of attendees for gatherings.
Starting today (1-4-2021)
• The Oxford PARD Basketball Program is postponed til January 18th. This includes practices and games.
• Free play basketball is postponed in all gyms until further notice.
• We will require temperature checks if you use any of the workout facilities at Oxford Civic Center, Friendship Community Center, or Bynum Community Center.
• You must call ahead if you want to work out because space is very limited and rooms may close at any time without notice.
• The Oxford Senior Center will continue to deliver meals but remains closed otherwise.
Please call if you need additional information:
Oxford Civic Center 256-831-2660
Protect Yourself and Others
- Practice good hygiene: cover coughs and sneezes, don't touch your face, and wash hands often.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others not in your household.
- Use facial coverings when in public.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and make decisions for our citizens and employees’ best interest. We thank you for your continued support.